Thursday, May 18, 2006

Links, hugs, and kisses

Reasonably interesting reads that have caught my attention in the past few days:

"Be Kind Rewind"

A comedy. With Jack Black. That actually looks interesting. The link from this article seems to be referencing it with a different title for some reason or other, and leads me to believe that Dan Clowes, a prominent indie comics creator, is involved in writing this. Chances are it will turn out to be not my kind of thing, but it's at least refreshing to see a comedy with a remotely unique high concept.

Wikipedia: Weekly World News

My discovery of this is generally Kevin/Hurtz/Naveed's fault, but the summaries of the running features in the Weekly World News tabloid are the funniest things I've ever read on Wikipedia. And I have read some pretty funny things on Wikipedia in my time.

And... a New York Times article on why some individuals achieve success and others don't by the authors of Freakonomics, a book that I have not read but is apparently quite good and is on my reading list for the future.

Don't forget, the end of the world is nigh! My world at least. I have to finally start writing this English paper.

Everyone have a great long weekend and I will do my very best to inform you if I am still alive after the end of today as soon as possible.